Sunday, September 11, 2005

Matilda Song of the Month

Drop D---

You’re denying me warmth
You’re expecting the chill of the harm
If you cannot scream the lies
Conceal truth from my wounded eyes
You lie and I die
You’re like a thief
Stealing my time
I scream
You don’t hear
We keep the meaning of things inside ‘til
we’re fed up

When will you end
Keeping your fears
Inside your dreams
Keeping your tears?
Until you hurt me
The one you love?
And hurt yourself
‘til your heart’s
dead?
Am I dead?


Trivia: Drop D--- was initially a song for a Filipino animation soundtrack before it became the love song that it is. We were once in this project administered by Jovi and Coi's brother, Kuya Chris, but we couldn't get the song right according to the formula he wanted so we just turned down the project and made it into our own song instead.I was then in pain,literally (with a stomachache) and figuratively (in the midst of a dying romance)so when we recorded it, impromptly the words that came out was just so full of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home